Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

I've not had to deal with them on my car, but I do know it's about a $100 part to replace. No programming to the car needed, just plug 'n play.

I believe the door control modules are little more than a few relays inside, and these are what crap out in them.

This is pasted from a CF thread....It may help you.

Quote:
Ok boys and girls, step right in, class is about to start. I am sure most of you guys have read posts about windows not working or door locks not working properly. Today, we are going to learn how to fix those pesky door lock and window problems. At least as far as the control module goes. This is not to say there could be other problems, but this is how to fix the weakest part of the whole system, a bad relay. What I want to do is show you how to get to the control module and then identify which relays are for what function.

Required tools: Flat blade screw driver, number 15 and number 30 Torx drives, a fork like prying tool , (sorry I don’t know the proper name of this tool), soldering iron, solder sucker, and solder.

Step 1: Today, we are working on the passenger door. Remove the little plastic cover plate behind the door pull. It pops out with the screw driver.
Step 2: Using a number 30 Torx drive, remove the two screws that holds the door panel to the door.

Step 3: Using a flat blade screw driver, pry up on the window/door lock control panel. Lift up from the front as shown. Remove wiring connector and set the control panel somewhere safe.

Step 4: Using a flat blade screw driver, pop out the plastic piece that surrounds the door handle.

Step 5: Now, we are ready to remove the door panel.

Using the fork like tool

start at the rear of the door panel where the two halves meet.

Insert the fork like tool in and pry the panel away from the door. Work your way around to the front top part of the door panel. There are 6 pins that fit into little sockets in the door. Now, lift up on the door panel and remove it.

Step 6: Use a number 15 Torx drive and remove the two screws that hold the door control module in place.

Step 7: Remove the wiring connectors that attach to the door control module. Now, look at the edge of the enclosure and pop open the tabs that hold it closed and remove the circuit board.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote