Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 10.1%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,197 Times in 4,368 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
I’m seriously don’t watch the news (other than local
Weather/traffic, have yet to find a non bias source.

I get daily briefs from our hospital data sources and state health department.

As I work in the urgent care outpatient setting as well as the hospital, it is interesting to watch how things are changing.

I am seeing vaccinated people testing positive, but their symptoms are very mild, allergy like. For instance, I’ll test an entire family and the vaccinated vs unvaccinated present very differently. Of course only an assumption, but assume since same household, they all have same strain.

Most admits to the hospital are in first 5 days. Usually if they go to ICU it occurs from day 5 to day 10. Sure you are aware of the cytokine storm. The lungs just cannot keep up with fluid and inflammation and sadly we have to vent the worst ones

The most successful things we have used have been use of convalescent plasma and of course the vaccine We have a dedicated infusion site for the plasma that we were hoping to close down, now ramping back up.

As stated also, this is affecting kids, unlike before. Seeing perfectly healthy kids with asthma like symptoms.

As I work in pulmonary, the most concerning thing is the long term consequences. Seem lots of peole that were very healthy have perminate lung damage post COVID.
So, as a frontline worker I really respect your input. WTF should we be doing? I got the jab. I'm not going to go push others to do the same. The vax is very available right now. I'm letting others do as they choose and let the chips fall where they may. Is there an alternative?
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post: