Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,655 Times in 13,628 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Can I also clarify one thing. There may or may not be responses so I may not be done with this absurd discussion after all.

Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder. Let’s not bring gays into this. Do people choose to sexually fantasize about children or is it a sickness. Sickness I say because someone is being terribly hurt IF the pedophile commits an act of child sexual abuse, which is the actual crime. Pedophilia in and of itself is not a crime, it’s a legitimate mental illness. Child sexual abuse deserves harsh punishment. Is it ok to be a pedophile? No. Absolutely not. Im sure there’s treatment and I’m sure some pedophiles recognize their illness and seek treatment or they may be committed to prevent them from harming anyone.

I am not trying to defend anyone or pick an argument. I just want to make this distinction clear.
Interesting.

Do you subscribe to the notion that victimless crimes are not crimes?

The semantics of pedophilia make it not a crime. There can't be thought crimes or crimes of attraction, but acting on them is a crime. However, to my earlier point about moving the target, smoking pot was a crime...and then it wasn't. I believe we will see acceptance of acts of pedophilia as it is defined today. Do I think it will be small children? No. It will be younger teens. Those teens will consent and therefore it will be victimless. The definition of "minor" will simply be adjusted. Then it is no longer a crime. Like adjusting the drinking age.

Pedophilia is an attraction to something abnormal or unacceptable.
So was Homosexuality at one time abnormal and unacceptable. What changed? It was normalized.

In addition, the price of allowing anyone in to our country is allowing THEIR culture to spread as well. On 9/12/2001 would you ever imagine Ilhan Omar being a force in DC? Speaking out from an official podium, her position on America? Yet here we are.
This snowball has been rolling for some time now and it is not going to be stopped.

While I may not be right, I can site far more instances of change that support my perspective, than I can that it will never happen. Much of what I have seen in the last 20 years is full of things that at one time, I thought would never happen.

I'm not picking or arguing. You will recognize my debate with you has a VERY different flavor that he who will remain nameless. Why? Because you make points and I make points and we compare thoughts, not insults. I appreciate and respect that....whether we agree or not.

EDIT: There is a post above that I missed with regard to age. I need to go back and address that as I may be using my definition versus a legal one where pedophilia is concerned. Without researching...my opinion is that puberty does not indicate maturity.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote