View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 6:34pm   #1
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 60.4%

Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,189 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672
Default What a day

I get to the office about 5am. Around 8am is when I usually take a break and walkover to a store a block or so away and get a donut or a burrito. So I'm walking down the street and see a cop car up ahead go by on a cross street.

When I get up to the intersection, there he is across the street and I see a black lady sitting down on the sidewalk. I cross over and walkng towards them since the store was just beyond them.

She's sitting on the ground crying her eyes out. I asked the cop whats up with her and he replied "she won't talk to me." It appeared to me this woman was probably homeless but great dispare. So I squat down and ask her if she would like something to eat? This got response with a simple head shaking yes.

I tell the cop I'll be right back. Well, I got a couple donuts for me and a nice breakfast burrito and a little jug of milk for her. Brought it back and handed it to her and I could see gratefulness like I have never seen before and I'm a 62 yr old man who's been around a while.

She seemed like she was not long away from stepping in front of a train or off a ledge. I see homeless every day all day screwing around or panhandling doing whatever it is they do but nothing like this. Cop said thanks and off I went. Been choking up all day and finally let loose a while ago.

I don't know what they did with her after I left but I hope it was something positive. Just never seen anyone with nothing and has all but lost all will to go on and just does not know who or how to ask.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to slewfoot For This Useful Post: