Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
The same reason many have said for next year barn raising 3 should be held on a different weekend. Too many "family activity" events were keeping people from attending on July 4th.
You must realize there is a flipside to your logic too.

You say "many" can't make Memorial day weekend, yet I already see BRII registrations exceeding 100 this year, and 7 in the other thread stated they can't make it due to family commitments that particular weekend.

So say we accommodate those 7 people, and quit listening the ones that can and have attended the past several years. If we change it and future attendance drops, did we really do better?

Anyone planning something like this must always look at the big picture and can't just focus on specific reasons that may keep a few from attending. We can never make everyone happy, so we must choose majority consensus.

Corvetteforum may use this bullshit excuse as the primary reason CI failed, yet even your own personal reason isn't supporting that theory. You're choosing to attend another event in a different part of the country that's being held concurrently, so it sounds like you don't have "family activity" conflicts either.
You want to go drive your car on a track, others want to spend time with their longtime forum friends. Two very different aspirations.

BRII is quickly shaping up to eclipse what CI-12 attendance was, and that will prove timing, economy, and gas prices aren't quite the underlying reasons CI is no more. We can't advertise our event to 300,000 members either.

If even 10% of our forum shows up, I would consider that an outstanding success, even though the raw numbers may not seem impressive. Quality over quantity, it's why we're here.

This is not to say we won't change the dates in the future, but we will consider ALL input and go from there, and past attendance must be considered quality input too.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: