RonC5
Barn Stall Owner #1969
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '12,'13,'14,'15,'17,'21
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 1,840 Times in 795 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $132003
Default A Christmas Miracle

April of 2014 I bought NOS weatherstrip from the other place for $300. A smoking deal as GM just kicked the prices way up as end of required 10 year parts supply neared. New prices ran close to $1200 for the 3 pieces. This was a time when Mom was at end of life with cancer. Workng full time with a hour commute each way, then up to Mom's in Jacksonville Friday nights and back Sunday night. I was scattered to asy the least. Over the Christams break I installed new seat covers in the car and was going to install the new weatherstrip as well. Couln't find it anywhere. I searched the garage several times and could not find it. Figured I tossed the box with recycling during the craziness. We have an air conditioned closet that runs the width of the garage with 3 doors. Decoration behind 1, hand truck, beach chairs etc behind the second. Air handler in the 3rd. While I emptied the decorations to get what we needed and to re-organize eerything, I found a box wedged between to storage bins. I pulled the box out and it was the missing for 6 years weatherstrip. Thought it was gone for ever. Nothing like finding something believed to be lost forever.
RonC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RonC5 For This Useful Post: