Old 10-06-2020, 8:21am   #19
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
With your background and work history I'm not surprised and I don't mean that in a smart ass way.

If you're going to work in the Nuclear Power industry you're subjected to a fairly comprehensive background check - and not just on initial hire either. Every five years they do it again. As bad as it was it's gotten worse since 9/11. We were all kicked out that day and sent home.

My initial took two weeks but I have a documented, solid work history. Yours most likely looked a bit more sketchy on paper; "Well, I played in this bar for two nights, did a gig in that one for a two month run" etc. They don't like that kind of gap in employment. At all.
They do a regular background check, then independent research. Then they do personal interviews and you have to attend a couple month of trainings. I had a security clearance from my work with the Obama admin and a long time CCW.

Being a musician I’m sure didn’t help.

I guess they had a huge surge in recruits and work hard to eliminate nut jobs. From what I can see it works. Occasionally we get a nut job, but they are gone fast. For example anyone who is racist, anti gov, extreme in any direction isn’t welcome. Zero tolerance for drugs and booze. Not even a beer. They discourage caffeine even because it leads to dehydration although I see lots of energy drinks...
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: