View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 8:35am   #1
FRC Joe
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $882
Default Valve Cover Breather Solution Needed

I need to come up with a different solution for my valve cover breather. I'm running the GMPP "Chevrolet" valve covers, which have a plain 1.22" dia hole on the pax. side cover. I'm currently using a K&N breather filter that I've modified the base of mounted directly in the hole. It's just a standard K&N part that has no baffles etc. and the problem seems to be that since the breather is mounted at an angle, the oil mist trapped by the filter element is dripping out of the low side of the breather. Here's a pic of the arrangement, you can see where the oil has been.

What I'm looking for is either an attractive looking push-in style cap with built baffles and breather, or an elegant solution to go from a plain 1.22" hole to AN-6 hose and then to a remote breather can. I have 1.00" and .75" grommets for the valve cover hole.

I was thinking maybe a 1/2" NPT to AN-6 elbow, screwed into the .75" grommet. The O.D. of 1/2" NPT is .840", so it'd be a tight fit for sure. Anyone have a line on a better soltion? Maybe a 1.00" or .75" hose barb to AN-6 adapter elbow? Any other suggestions are appreciated!