island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post

Kenseth just made a hell of a lot more fans than he lost. All you have to do is watch the wreck and the fan reaction to see that.

My comments earlier in the thread were just my own thoughts speaking/typing out loud as I have no dog in this fight.

To be clear I was not taking sides at all for either driver.

As I said I have not watched a race in about 15 years or so and know next to nothing about most of the drivers out there now.

What little I'm reading here it sounds like maybe the guy that got dumped had it coming, but at the same time, I don't support a move like this.

Remember that three strike rule thought that I mentioned? I meant that as in the same race, not a week or two later.

I can see where battles and grudges can happen and you may give a guy you have constantly had problems with less or even zero chances in another race later.

When we raced I was for the most part just a small time racer running in the Friday Saturday, and Sunday night bull rings where there was not a lot of money involved. But still most everything that applied then and there still apply's now, or should in my mind anyways.

I believe in clean side by side racing for the most part, and to think other wise means it can always come back to haunt you. (like this case you guys are all talking about here)

Things happen in racing though, and a lot of wrecks make for hot tempers and bad decisions.

I always thought a driver that jumps out of his car shaking his fist at the other driver or throwing his helmet at the other car made him look like a bad sport, even if he was right.

I've seen cars deliberately hit another car even after the race was over to make a point, and while a lot of the fans like this stuff, a lot don't.

Guess I'm just one of them that don't care for it much myself.

I'm no angel and have certainly had some of my own battles and wars in the past, but never once have I made a scene on the track.. and sure many times I could see blood red anger at the time.. the race for me was over and just took my wrecker ride back to the trailer.

Anytime I felt I caused a wreck, or there could even be some doubts about it, I always made it a point to go talk to the other driver about it, and was the first to stick out my hand and apologize if it was my fault.

If I felt the wreck was the other guys fault I was also go see them in the pits to ask what happened, if they were sincere with their explanation, I accepted it and shook hands, and most of the time that's what happened, but every now and then one would give a smart ass remark.. so I would just reply to them (what ever fit at the time) something like.. well next time I'll just turn left..

At least the seed was planted in their mind..

But also quite often after a race, I would go over to see the driver that won the race and stick out my hand just to congratulate them.

Back to the blocking we were also talking about earlier...

I can see it on the last lap or two some only, but if someone does that... they can be expect to maybe just get moved out of the way..

And while I don't mean punted.. that may well just happen even if it was not the true intention.

A car can get real wide at times.. especially if its getting a bit sideways coming off the corners and they are trying to pass on the outside..

But blocking early or mid race, or even a slower car trying to not go a lap down, and not getting out of the way is just lame if you ask me... nuff said..
island14 is offline   Reply With Quote