Old 02-09-2012, 4:03pm   #39
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedef92 View Post
While answering a question about his Christian faith in 2008, Obama said he believes that Jesus Christ died for his sins and through God’s grace and mercy he could have “everlasting life,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

But he also believes Jews and Muslims and non-believers who live moral lives are as much “children of God” as he is, according to The Associated Press.

As an example, he spoke about his late mother who was “not a believer.”

"[S]he was the kindest, most decent, generous person that I have ever known," Obama said, according to the Times. "I'm sure she is in heaven, even though she may not have subscribed to everything that I subscribe to."

Now, Phil, Jesus said, "I am the Way The Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me."

That means Jesus is the only bridge to Heaven. We all have someone we love who maybe was a wonderful person in life. But if they did not accept Jesus Christ, then they will not be in Heaven. He is the only way.

Just because 95% of those in Congress profess to be Christian does not mean they are. While only God can know a person's heart, Jesus said, "the tree is known by the fruit it bears."

The reality is the U.S. Goverment has become patently anti-Christian. I can cite example after example, but whether domestically or internationally, the U.S. government is obviously committed to an anti-Christian agenda.

Where the federal government once respected Christianity and vowed to not interfere with the faith and practices of Christian people, it has now become an archenemy of religious liberty.

With virtually every constitutional safeguard being violated by the modern federal government, about all that is left is for the constitutional prohibition of government business being conducted on Sundays to be expunged...and that's right around the corner from the looks of things.
I appreciate the thought out response but I don't think you answered my two questions. Do you believe Obama is a Christian or not?

And what evidence do you have that our government is anti Christian? The government has never limited Christians from practicing their faith. They have from time to time told them to keep their faith out of other people's faces but I fail to see how that is anti Christian.

The vast majority of our politicians claim to be Christians. I don't think its our place to judge them on that issue.

And do you think that those of us without faith are incapable of doing good?
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote