Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II
Activity: 0%

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Thats an interesting viewpoint Julian.

You do realize that Obama and something like 95% of those in Congress self identify as Christians correct? He has been baptized and professes faith. Those that you lament have the same faith as you.

Do you also believe that those of us without faith are incapable of doing good?

While answering a question about his Christian faith in 2008, Obama said he believes that Jesus Christ died for his sins and through God’s grace and mercy he could have “everlasting life,” according to the Los Angeles Times.

But he also believes Jews and Muslims and non-believers who live moral lives are as much “children of God” as he is, according to The Associated Press.

As an example, he spoke about his late mother who was “not a believer.”

"[S]he was the kindest, most decent, generous person that I have ever known," Obama said, according to the Times. "I'm sure she is in heaven, even though she may not have subscribed to everything that I subscribe to."

Now, Phil, Jesus said, "I am the Way The Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me."

That means Jesus is the only bridge to Heaven. We all have someone we love who maybe was a wonderful person in life. But if they did not accept Jesus Christ, then they will not be in Heaven. He is the only way.

Just because 95% of those in Congress profess to be Christian does not mean they are. While only God can know a person's heart, Jesus said, "the tree is known by the fruit it bears."

The reality is the U.S. Goverment has become patently anti-Christian. I can cite example after example, but whether domestically or internationally, the U.S. government is obviously committed to an anti-Christian agenda.

Where the federal government once respected Christianity and vowed to not interfere with the faith and practices of Christian people, it has now become an archenemy of religious liberty.

With virtually every constitutional safeguard being violated by the modern federal government, about all that is left is for the constitutional prohibition of government business being conducted on Sundays to be expunged...and that's right around the corner from the looks of things.
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote