Old 08-18-2019, 2:46am   #16
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,561 Times in 5,701 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

I LOVE seeing these pix, reminds me of the trips up to York Pa. and other locations in that state, to see the farm equipment shows, walk around totally fascinated for a couple of daze......my sis used to live in a little town called Shippensburg, just south of Carlisle where the car shows are, and of course the Vette show once every year....right around this time......

So it was easy for me to stay overnight, and a couple of times even take my kids to see that stuff, even my daughter was interested in the shows, which was welcome to see, but being a chick and all, somewhat surprising to ME....but this all ~30 years ago too.....

In that time frame, an old friend bought a stone built flower mill on side of a creek that was the border of Md. and W. Va. the mill was on the Md. side of the creek, had it's own dam and various mods to the water flow, it was a shame the old water wheel was long gone, but much of the machinery it ran was up higher in the structure, and still intact.....including a much later addition, an electric genset way in hell up top of the structure.....
He paid only 65k for the place, and it's worth a couple million today, he been working on it since then, the history is all over the joint, including the section upstairs from the bar that was a whorehouse....seriously.....a grand staircase like seen in Gunsmoke on TV....Miss Kitty.......led up to the area downstairs was a bar like outta all the western movies......and of course a pool table.....

My sister had a friend who moved up there too, decades ago, maybe 15 miles from the mill.......the name of the creek is Conicagigue (sp?_) I would like to see it on my trip up there end of this month.....I need take a million pix....

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote