Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,161 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I had free oil changes with my Tacoma when I purchased it for like 2 years I think, so I would take it to the dealer to take advantage of that. No loaner vehicle at the dealer, so I would take their courtesy shuttle back to my house...only a few miles.

I took my truck in on a Saturday morning, figuring they would have the truck for a few hours at most, took the courtesy shuttle back to my crib and went back to sleep.

Called around Noon, still not done.

Long and short of it, they had the truck for like 8 or 9 hours for an oil change. I didn't get the call until around 4:30 in the Afternoon that it was done.

Pissed me off something fierce, and never went back again. Toyota can stick my remaining two oil changes up their ass.
the reason this stuck in my craw is two fold:

long ago, when i had my corvette, we'd have access to the dealer's lifts once a month for 'shop night', and you could do whatever you wanted for 2 hours. so i'd do my oil changes when it was time. same basic V8 engine as my truck. so i know how long it takes, per the book, to do a proper oil change. plenty of drain time to also look things over, and in the case of the truck, to rotate tires.

and about a month ago, took Mrs. DAB's Subaru in for similar service to that dealer.... 90 min later, it was done. oil change, tire rotation.

i don't know if they are double booking appointments, or hiring less than talented mechanics. either way, it's wasting my time for no reason. with an air wrench, taking tires off goes really fast when you are on a lift.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote