NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 21,164 Times in 8,346 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Sure, you can drag and drop and rearrange your monitors in the control panel, but then you'd have to physically rearrange the monitors themselves to match where you'd dragged and dropped them. PITA, but I'm sure @UniqueDoug would come over and do it for the OP.
Aware of this fact....however, given how MANY monitors I have, and the distance from the tower, and the TYPE of cables (2 HDMI, 1 display port, and 1 older style DVI per video card), the length of cable plays a huge role on that. The older cables are only so long, so I'm forced to connect to monitors proximate to the tower. Additionally, not every monitor has the same connectors. It was a huge puzzle to get all 18 working as one perfect desktop.

Moving forward to the new setup, I should be able to overcome the OCD issue, because all 18 will use the same cable style and I have a TON of really long HDMI cables. The video cards only support mini hdmi, but come with adapters to the regular size. All monitors support 2 hdmi, 1 mini hdmi, and 1 display port. Considering the massive investment I have in just quality hdmi cables, I'll go that route, but If I have connectivity issues, I'll just go buy 18 15 foot mini hdmi cables and call it a day.
Datawiz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: