View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:02pm   #1
Frizlefrak
Barn Stall Owner #46
Activity: 1.0%

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,214 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4309769
Default So what's up at the Doghouse these days?

Yours truly has been a busy ol' Mutt.....Marco's stablemate has officially entered rehab.

Today, a buddy of mine came over and we got the nasty old 351 Windsor and the even nastier old C4 FMX trans out of the Mach 1. Got the engine torn down too......and I have encouraging news on a couple of fronts there. Stay tuned.

So here we go.....ready for extraction...

Extraction......(blurred my buddy's face....don't want him falling victim to a croc attack at some point)

On the stand......Pretty nasty....wonder what it looks like inside?

Let's have a peek inside....shall we?? Lifter valley looks pretty clean....no sludge to be found. That's a good sign....

Not too bad! Let's dig in a little further....BTW...there's an easter egg here...let's see who finds it.

Tiny ridge in cylinders....very tiny. Pistons came out easily. I think this thing's a builder Wonder where my buddy left the heads.....OH...here they are....

It ran rich for quite a while....plugs showed the same carbon buildup. Here's what it looks like inside 4 of the lungs....I put oil pan back on with two bolts to catch any oil that drips until I can get it off to the machine shop.

Pretty damn clean. Now the old C4 "Cruise-o-Matic" was another story....YECHHH!!!

It's going off to Southwest Gear for a rebuild when I get a chance. I think it has Ebola....it's leaking from every orifice possible.

So there's where we stand so far.....goal is have the car back on the road by August. Also going to up grade the Armstrong steering to power while the motor is out....much easier to get to.

Got a lot done today. I'm exhausted....gonna go scrub up and hit the hay early.
Frizlefrak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frizlefrak For This Useful Post: