Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 13,008 Times in 7,318 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Grey Ghost, I owe you a tall glass of your favorite beer in an ice cold glass. I hope we get the opportunity to drink a toast some day. I thank you sincerely for the very detailed posts and the texts as I was going over this car.

Worst bondo job I’ve ever seen. Rust on every panel I could check. Trunk pan was filled with about two inches of foam sealant (the reason was for sound deadening and insulation… on the inside of a trunk).

As we had postulated, there was plenty more rust hiding in not so plain sight. Lots of door dings, too. Some of the rust was knocked off to the point where white bondo was showing through. As GG pointed out, in some of the pictures I took and texted him, you could see sanding marks in the amateur bondo job. I couldn’t quite see them in the bright sunlight of the parking lot where I took them, at least not until I got into my truck for the long ride home.

I took a hard pass. Cost me $150 in diesel fuel. My new fiancée and I spent an otherwise enjoyable 14.5 hours just talking and being together on a very scenic drive.

And next time I’ll know to ask to see about a dozen close detail pictures of some known problem areas before committing to a long trip.

Jerry: I’m enjoying some Crown and beer. Cheers.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post: