Old 08-07-2020, 7:21pm   #39
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
Excellent Snick. I only find one type of music that I can't find you playing- Bluegrass. An art form that never has gotten the overall praise it should get. Next time you play here humor me and throw in a little old, timey music. I'll be here "buck dancing" until the cows come home. Sing along it it also. I know that you can do it. Hell, if I can sound reasonable playing G - C- D- Am you would be the bomb and perhaps get you started on a new career.
Ha! A couple years ago I was invited to a private wedding of a major artist. He had two weddings, one public and one private. Of course the room was full of astounding players from all over the world. We jammed together in random groups until the wee hours. Then the acoustics came out and it was all bluegrass. My god it was fun.

I whipped off some lad fills and some chick with fluorescent hair from Hollywood said “holy shit, you can play that thing!” That felt good. Although she was pretty wasted. I surprised myself. When the feeling is right, it’s so easy to scorch.

One dude in a wheel chair started singing. Good lord! Unbelievable voice! Humbling for sure.

I don’t own an acoustic. But in seventh grade, my science teacher used to come in with his brother who played banjo. He played guitar and they would burn the bluegrass. I remember a song called “Mountain Dew”

My brother Bill runs a still on the hill
Where he turns out a gallon or two
And the buzzards in the sky get so drunk they can not fly
Just from sniffing that good old mountain dew.

They call it that old Mountain Dew
And those who refuse it are few
So shut up yer mug and fill up my jug
Of that good ‘ol Mountain Dew

Etc. that’s all I can remember. I love that stuff.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote