10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,421 Times in 17,231 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
Good citizenship aside, if you want to get out of jury duty, and you have the chance, do it. There will be plenty of people to pick from. Did you ever notice when you get the summons, you have to call in with your number to see if you're needed.......and if you do have to go in, there are 10 times more people there that are needed. At least this is the procedure in the DE/MD region.

42 years as an LEO, I've been to court many, many times. Every damn one of them was guilty, or I would not have arrested them. This TV drama crap you see where almost everyone arrested is wrongly accused, set up, etc., is a load of bullshit.

My 2¢.
The only time I actually was on a jury was long ago, in my 20's. I was the jury foreman on a DWI trial. Our defendant got hit by a drunk driver, not his fault, but they arrested him too, since he blew slightly over the limit twice (then .10). A cop saw the accident happen and testified our guy couldn't have avoided being hit by the other drunk. Our guy had a really good drunk tank video. We acquitted him in spite of the clear instructions from the judge that if he blew over .1 we MUST find him guilty.

Yeah, uh, sorry guy. Our drunk, after the trauma of getting hit, arrested, and tossed in jail, did better that night on his drunk test than we, the 3 men on the jury, figured we could do if we were stone cold sober right there in the jury room. Not surprisingly, it was the three women who wanted to find him guilty, but they eventually agreed to let him go.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote