View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 7:59pm   #1
BayouCountry
Barn Stall Owner #105
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 1,370 Times in 594 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default That Little Faggot he's a Millionaire

Let's see if this gets me banned here - and I don't give a shit. I've had enough of censorship!

For the first time, I heard the censored version of Money for Nothing by the Black Crows Dire Straits. I always assumed the "faggot" lyric to be a quip about Boy George and didn't think much about it. Today, for the first time, I heard the censored version. I thought the woke crowd missed this song since I never heard the censored version.

And yes, my dear leftest friends, I have gay friends and acquaintances who aren't butt hurt about the lyrics. Let me explain it to you in simple terms. The song, the way it was written, expresses the writers viewpoint whether good or bad. Censoring the song does not accomplish what the braindead think it will accomplish. In fact, like tearing down statues, it accomplishes the opposite. Leaving the lyrics the way they were written is the only way to understand that time in music history. Get it?

It will be ironic if the Black Crows censor their own song at Jazz Fest. Rock and roll used to be anti-establishment. I will know if the establishment has taken over Rock n Roll after I see the Black Crows at Jazz Fest in October. Looks like Jazz Fest will be even better in October.

Oh yeah. Before some left wing loon, we know who, weighs in thinking I'm having a melt down. Understand I'm just saying we must preserve music, history, literature, and art the way it was created for future generations to fully understand. One of my grandkids told me she told her teacher a book had a bad word. I explained to her that the bad word emphasizes what the author is talking about and her feelings should not take away the right of other readers to read the authors original thoughts.

Seeing a statue of Andrew Jackson or hearing a lyric by the Black Crows Dire Straits causes one to think. Censoring causes one to not think about history and therefore opens the door to repeat past errors. Utopia is a dream, freedom and hard work is a reality.

Edit: Dire Straits, not Black Crows. Damn! I'm getting old.
BayouCountry is offline   Reply With Quote