Old 01-22-2017, 2:14am   #90
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Let me sum this up for you all: Remember Louis Farrakhan? Remember the "Million Man March" in 1995? (which many say was actually about a 400,000 man march). Well, they marched. They were reasonably peaceful. Everyone went home thinking about all this change that was now magically going to occur in the black community because a bunch of people clogged the streets of D.C. for a few hours. Farrakhan spoke about how black men should never again commit violence, take drugs, abuse women or children and otherwise degrade themselves. You know what happened?

NOTHING. That's right...absolutely, positively fvcking nothing. In fact, it got worse, and one need only look to the inner cities and society in general to see the impact that march failed to have.

These inane marches do one of two things: They either rile people up to the point where they riot and destroy other people's property, or they somehow make people feel better about themselves or involved/connected to a cause (when in reality most of them are just standing around taking video of each other). They're all going home now and everyone's going to get back to their lives. But if you're expecting any sort of significant change in society to come out of this...well...I have some magic beans I'd like to sell you. I'd like to know how many of those people who marched today actually voted...and don't tell me all of them because I know better. If one wants change, voting is the ONLY way you'll get it in this country.

Perhaps, if all of these mewling quims (as Loki would say) were really so worried about their "sisters" and their "children" and their future, they should have hauled more of their complacent asses to the polls and voted in bigger numbers. But that didn't happen. And somehow, it's someone else's fault that they didn't get the Christmas present they felt they so richly deserved by virtue of being on this planet.

Trump is still the President, Pence is still the VP, the congress is still controlled by the Republican party and nothing has happened to veer off that course by one millimeter. They can lease a barge and go over to the Philippines and march to Bataan a second time and nothing's going to change.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: