Old 05-11-2020, 4:02pm   #24390
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.3%

Thanked 7,068 Times in 3,124 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
It’s coming. I fully expect some Dimocrat legislator to introduce a bill to require contact tracing software be required. Will probably try to force the carriers to do a forced download to your phone.
They don't need a forced download, the carriers can, and already do, track where you phone is at all times.

This is the main reason why I don't carry my cell phone with me 24/7, and don't intend to ever start. I only take it with me if I might need it for business, or are doing something where my wife might want to get a hold of me. The rest of the time, it sits on my kitchen counter. Over the years, I have told people who "can't be without their phone" this, and they always look incredulously at me and ask "why"? I always say I don't like having my every move tracked by big corporate America, and indirectly, the government. They have always looked at me like "can you BE any more paranoid?" Then the news stories came out about the government measuring the effectiveness of the lockdown by the tracking data on all our phones. I've had a few interesting discussions the last month or so to be sure!

The solution for the government side is then to REQUIRE all citizens to have a registered cell phone on their person at all times when they are out in public. I fear that they will try such a thing, and that the sheeple will accept it. Until then, I'll carry my phone when I want, and **** big government.