View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 2:06pm   #5
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sbVert View Post
1) Yes, but we're older and wiser now. Those mistakes will never happen again. The best thing that could ever happen is for the individual states to be ALLOWED to decide (by their own communities) what is best to teach their own kids. The worst thing that ever happened to education is when the federal gov't tried to force a one-size-fits-all solution to problems that didn't exist.

2) I've got lots of teachers in my family too (my grandfather was former Directors of Education for LSU and Tulane both), grandmother taught, aunts, uncles, cousins, even my mom. None of them ever a part of the union crap. There is no, NO advantage to any of the kids education by inserting the unions into it. The ONLY benefit to the unions is pay and self-preservation. THEY are the sole reason why shitty teachers can't be fired and good teachers are being forced into layoff strictyly by seniority account. That's BS by every standard of measure.

3) I've got a couple of books you should read (but you must open your mind) if you are interested...

BS, we're Older, but if anything the last two years have taught me, we only put under rocks the real feelings.They say the two things in life you can bet on is death and taxes. I say you can add one more thing to that, we'll NEVER go Backwards.

That's is why I'm a Progressive. I'm willing to try anything new, but I'm not stupid enough to go back and do what has already been proven to be a failure.

The other two I'm open to.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote