69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 11,499 Times in 5,023 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
How bad is the paint? Sometimes doing a correction with a Porter Cable and some good polish can really clean things up. Have the bumpers repainted etc. Is there flaking clear coat or something?
Overall it is not terrible, but there are places that no amount of buffing will take care of. I feel certain this has been an outdoor car. We have been taking care of what we can with some buffing compound this morning. It really needs a re-shoot, but it can wait a year or so. He gets his learners permit in two weeks, and I want him to have as much practice as he can get in the car he will be driving. The car is obviously not all that and a bag of chips, but it seems pretty solid, and everything so far, works. Air blows ice cold, etc. Once I get some lowering springs on it, and the chin spoiler back on it should look pretty jam up. In case anyone wonders what I paid for it, I gave $6950 for it with 136k miles on it. By far the cheapest Mach 1 I found. It had been traded in at a Chrysler dealer in Albany. Fortunately for me, they had already put brand new tires on it. I'm not sure how folks here feel about Chrysler's, but the people at that dealer treated me like gold even though I was buying an old used car. And I got me a jam up SRT hat for free. If I were to ever buy a Mopar, it would be from them.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post: