Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post

Could the bakery have not been bold face up front with the couple? Sure.

They were kind of hosed no matter what they did at that point.

Tell the truth and they traveled down the vindictive revenge path of the militant gays attacking them as they saw.

Or give any number of not completely honest excuses (aka lie) and then compromise their principles, become hypocrites and later lambasted for it when that secret finally comes out (and it almost always does).

I guess I see it like this, how many times have "we", as a society, criticized someone for compromising their principles just to make a buck. "We" say they bowed to the all-mighty dollar and should have stood their ground.

Then when someone does they get lambasted for not just taking the money and "doing business".

And this opinion can change in a matter of seconds based on any number of factors. We, as people, are a fickle bunch.

Here's an example from a different point-of-view: Collin Kappernick.

I fully support his right to do what he's doing. There is nothing unconstitutional about it. He is exercising his protected rights.

Now do I agree with it? Heck no! I think his actions are grade A douche baggery and he's an a-hat for continuing to keep it up.

But is anyone suing him? Has he been fired? Nope. And he's an employee, not a business owner. He hasn't taken the financial risk the owners of the NFL team have taken. His money isn't on the line like the Owner(s) of the SF 49ers or other NFL owners.

But yet his freedom of speech and Constitutional rights are protected more than the bakery? I don't think they should be but to many it appears that way.

Freedom is messy. It can appear to get chaotic but that doesn't mean it stops.

IMHO these state and local "special groups" laws need to be struck down when the violate our Constitutional rights. Everyone is "special" in that we are all unique but we should all, if we are legal citizens, Americans. It's time we get back to that.

Treat each other with respect, even when we disagree.

Sorry for the rambling, I'll shut up now.
He wouldn't be doing that shit if he was a Dallas Cowboy.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote