Old 11-15-2016, 10:01pm   #26
polarbear
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,184 Times in 568 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013348

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterTraffic View Post
Absolutely agree. If a gay friend said that he went to XYZ Bakery and they wouldn't bake him a wedding cake because he's gay, I wouldn't go to that bakery ever again. The bakery is supporting people's ability to eat cake; that's it. If there are enough people who have that militant of a viewpoint and keep the bakery in business, then hurray for them. It just wouldn't include me.

If the gay friend says he's suing XYZ Bakery to force them to make a cake, I'll start buying a cupcake (or six) every day. Don't be an a**hole.

Like what Iron Chef said, if it were my bakery, I'd happily take, say, Gavin Newsom's money for a cake. I'd be thrilled to read in the paper that Gavin Newsom was struck by lightning, but his money is just as green as everyone else's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterTraffic View Post
Justify the higher price due to having to hire a gay outside consultant to select color-coordinated frosting and cake colors and some fabulous filling.
I'm agreeing with these posts. There's also something to be said for regional marketing. If you have a problem serving the LGBT community, for phuck's sake don't set up shop in Portland, Seattle, Eugene, the Bay Area, the greater LA area, or San Diego... pretty much the whole left coast.
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote