View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 8:59pm   #10
lrobe22
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post

Watched that the other day. My only 308 is semi-auto, won't be running any hot loads through that. Reliable function is the rule there.

But I did get similar results as they showed in my Ruger 243 varmint rifle (longgg 1" bull barrel) using some of techniques they utilized (I'd use case measurements for pressure indications as opposed to simple visual inspection of the case head for impressions and flattened or backed out primers). I also won't be making powder adjustments in 1 grain increments. The 243 uses 308 brass so getting ultra velocity with a 6mm bullet wasn't too much of a chore. Ruger's are built like tanks to begin with and the rifling on mine was a new thing at the time I bought it, only one side of the lands has a sharp cut which was said to add extra velocity. Didn't chrono it but I was closing in on 4100fps according to calculations before any major pressure signs became evident. That's a shit-ton of velocity! Did this just for experimentation though, not an everyday load any means.
4100 fps is serious business. Laser/barrel burner
I hope there is more market adaptation of the 277 fury hybrid case to bump pressures up around 80k psi to many other cartridges. It would also be nice to see more variants of fast twist setups like the 8.6BLK with it's crazy terminal ballistics and ability to shoot both heavy grain and light grain bullets.
lrobe22 is offline   Reply With Quote