Old 12-05-2016, 8:20pm   #16
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,971 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall View Post
Not saying it's not the magazine, but if it's not hanging on the magazine and/or stovepiping, I tend to think spring and/or ramp and feed tolerances.

I agree with the ammo brand, that can make a difference.

Do the mags work fine in another weapon, or are they specific to this weapon?
Could very well be, but I have read reports of reliability issues with the Filipino 1911's caused by cheap sub-par magazines. There was a lot of griping about the Rock Island's having feed issues early on due to their terrible magazines...they have since changed to an Italian manufactured magazine with their newer offerings and the problems seems to have subsided. Mine runs fine with their included Italian magazine, Colt Factory and Chip McCormick 'Shooting Star' mags.

I know his is an ATI, but I would be willing to bet it's made in the same factory as the Rock Islands/Citadel's etc.

If it's any consolation, my Colt Commander was a jam-o-matic until I put around 500 rounds through it...When I was trying to figure out what the problem was, I took it to a very well regarded Gunsmith and he was perplexed, he just told me to keep shooting it. So I did, and it's fine now. Weird.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StaticCling For This Useful Post: