Old 03-21-2020, 7:52am   #14
Egnalf
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.0%

Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,332 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $18284

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
My wife works at the local hospital and as a machinist with jobs clicking the magic "keywords", we are both considered essential. This means we can actually earn money to pay bills, eat and not be a burden on society.

The hospital aspect is straightforward. My employer has numerous medical equipment companies we do business with in addition to water treatment and military contracts.

One of the very large companies we make medical products for had their legal team contact the owner very early this morning ( as in it was still dark ) to let the owner know he would be working due to the medical manufacturer supplier exclusion.

In this chaos, it's nice to know our jobs are secure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My boss told everyone straight out, if you feel bad, just go home. One of my coworkers has MS ( under control VERY well ) so he bailed and will be back after everything calms down.

At the hospital, only employees can enter except for the emergency room. The only other exception is ONE person at a time can visit someone who is dying or if a woman had a baby, only the father can visit.

As of Monday, all hospital employees will have their temperature taken to be allowed to enter the hospital.

We service about fifty medical facilities. They all have gone to little tents outside to take temperature prior to allowing anyone to enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
So what? PA is going to issue you some kind of identity card so you can leave the house? I'm less scared of a virus that might.......might kill 3 percent of the people who get it, than I am of the government's response.

Are the PA police going to be walking around saying, "Stop and show me your papers?"
We drafted a letter explaining our line of business and why the drivers are on the road. (HVAC for medical facilities and refrigeration for food distribution). Its a simple measure to avoid any bullshit. There are still idiots who wont listen and are running around willy nilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
There better not be any ID required. there are already a few lawsuits in the works for the governor creating all the restrictions. I think he exceeded what is allowed the constitution of Pennsylvania.
They will claim all is fair under emergency provisions. By the time it gets tested in court, this will be over.
Egnalf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Egnalf For This Useful Post: