Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 11.5%

Thanked 21,885 Times in 8,904 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008
Default (PA-Coronavirus shutdown) My wife & I are both "essential"

My wife works at the local hospital and as a machinist with jobs clicking the magic "keywords", we are both considered essential. This means we can actually earn money to pay bills, eat and not be a burden on society.

The hospital aspect is straightforward. My employer has numerous medical equipment companies we do business with in addition to water treatment and military contracts.

One of the very large companies we make medical products for had their legal team contact the owner very early this morning ( as in it was still dark ) to let the owner know he would be working due to the medical manufacturer supplier exclusion.

In this chaos, it's nice to know our jobs are secure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My boss told everyone straight out, if you feel bad, just go home. One of my coworkers has MS ( under control VERY well ) so he bailed and will be back after everything calms down.

At the hospital, only employees can enter except for the emergency room. The only other exception is ONE person at a time can visit someone who is dying or if a woman had a baby, only the father can visit.

As of Monday, all hospital employees will have their temperature taken to be allowed to enter the hospital.

JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post: