Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Unfortunately, the US and China are bound together through many businesses currently. To abruptly stop the movement of one countries trade would not be good for either country, to say the least. What's the solution? I have no idea. I do know it is a huge mess. I will support President Trump using any and all measures to make a successful outcome for the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
It would hurt us as well. Think for a moment how many things you touch each day which have that little sticker "made in China" on them. The US manufacturing base has been so decimated by "Globalization" and the greed of companies vs labor that it would be nearly impossible for us to replace Chinese goods with in country or even in Continent manufactured goods.
This is a BIG deal for everyone.

I have even gotten camo hats from a US PX with the China label inside... think about that for a minute!
I agree. Initially it would hurt us, however, over a period of time, it would force us to manufacture what China used to import. Albeit, goods would be more expensive, but our unemployment problem would disappear. This combined with Trumps corporate tax cuts could be the answer imo.
Other side effects would be for us to eliminate our dependence from that side of the world, and the slow strangling of Chins's economy, leading to their own civil war.
Ya, ya, that's the ticket. I like it.
Sometimes one has to take one step back to go two steps forward.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post: