Old 07-27-2012, 1:17pm   #3
FasterTraffic
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,411 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2008887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Here are what I think are fair and reasonable efforts to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't possess them.

1) Guns should be sold with a title. When you sell the gun, you have to change the title at a police station where a back ground check can be done. Isn't this what FFL dealers do?

2) Bullets should come with serial numbers, and ammo must be registered when sold. I don't see the point here.

3) Gun owners should all be required to have a license and have to pass a psychological exam. Like a drivers license, they must be retested every five years. Where are we retesting drivers every five years?

4) Guns should come with unique rifling patterns that can be documented before the gun is sold. Not all firearms have rifled barrels and the rifling is what it is. This is like saying all cars should have unique engines.

5) All guns already sold would have to be registered, titled and the owners licensed. This wouldn't be unreasonable if we knew that was the end of it.

6) All gun related crime regardless if fired come with a minimum 20 year sentence. There are already sentencing enhancements for use of a firearm in the commission of a crime.

7) Some measure to prevent kids from getting hold of their parents guns. For example, charging the parents with manslaughter if their kid shoots someone with their gun. California already requires purchase of a trigger lock or ownership of a gun safe of some type. Beyond that, you can't legislate people into doing something.

Would this end all gun crime? No, but I'm sure it would start to make a dent on the tens of thousands of gun related deaths. Color me skeptical.
Comments inline.
FasterTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FasterTraffic For This Useful Post: