RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 44.6%

Thanked 7,732 Times in 3,442 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
imagine how many NFL fans would stick around if on wednesday your team was stripped of a win because one of your players wore the wrong socks or didn't tuck in his shirt on a play during the 3rd quarter.

click.
Yea, you would never see something like that in football. How about if a college was stripped of titles and wins for something such as a recruiting violation that happened years before? What if a player was stripped of a Heisman years after it was awarded. Can you imagine if they did something like that?

This was a blatant rule violation that they thought they could get away with... and didn't. I don't know what they did specifically, but I'm damn sure that they made every effort to hide it. They wouldn't have done it if they didn't think they could get away with it.

I think it sucks that something happens a few days later (I didn't even watch the race) but realistically speaking, what are the options? There are just too many things to look at to have it happen instantaneously and enforce the rules real time. You either open up the rulebook and let them go wild (I like this idea), or you do what they are doing now. Penalties are handed out in most racing series after the fact. It's just not often that a win is taken away as was the case here. They intentionally cheated. They got caught. That's their fault. For once, I actually agree with what NASCAR did.

As for the Bowyer penalty, that's just a dumbass crew member. There are very simple rules on when guys can go over the wall and how exactly that is defined. If your feet are on the ground, you're over the wall. It's not complicated. That's not a NASCAR problem. It's no different than ANY other form of racing with regards to what crew members can do.

It's a strange day when I'm defending NASCAR.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: