View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 9:01am   #28
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 1,362 Times in 534 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

In the 60's, before this current house, we lived in a suburb of Orlando called Pine Hills. My parents considered selling their house and put a few feelers out. A realtor got wind and showed up with what can only be described as a pretty scummy looking black fellow DEMANDING to purchase at the price HE decided was fair. My parents explained they hadn't actually decided to sell yet, and then began an endless stream or realtor visits, lawyer phone calls and threats. My parents were told they would be outed as "racists" if they refused to sell to this guy. It went so far as hone calls to their work complaining about them. The contant and increasing stream of black people showing up at the house worried the neighbors who were afraid of the place being busted.

Out of fear and pressure my parents ended up selling to the dirtbag, and beng convivnced to allow him to pay monthly directly to them. Within 6 months he was behind on payemnts, never to be found and full of excuses. The neghborhood went almost totally black in two years. Crime skyrocketed, old neighbors refused to talk to my parents, blaming them for the change. Some were even old time high school friends of theirs.

Today the area is known as "Crime Hills", as it's been a ghetto for decades. The 'Progress" I see in my current home matches much of the overbuilding/ low rent apartments/ pushy realtors I saw back in the 60's. There is no plce nice left in Florida. Unfortunatly, my Wife has worked herself into an outstanding job here and it wouldn't make sense to move back out of state. But much digging and loking hasn't yet revealed a place in the middle of the woods free of most any other humans like this house was until a decade ago.

My plan for now is to start cleaning house to prep to move, while learning about the dynamics of selling this place. Unfortunatly, the realtor I could trust because I've known him since he was 13 died two weeks ago. Guess he really couldn't handle the upcoming changes to the street.

The apartments have already filled the area with a past the tipping point amount of "POC" of a low fincial responsibility. Going to get gas or 7-11 is increasingly becoming a problem with all the loud mouth ghetto punks around here.
Chemtrails99 is offline   Reply With Quote