Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 13,022 Times in 7,327 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Ahhh Thomas...you do realize that there's no winning here? If you post a thread saying you're leaving, you're an attention whore. If you just leave without fanfare as I did, you're called "rude."

As though I owe anyone on a chat site an explanation about my personal decisions.

I have to respectfully disagree with the lovely Need-A-Vette when I say that striking a balance shouldn't have to include tolerating individuals who attack you because you prefer one President over another, that you do or don't buy into a gun culture or that you have a different religious belief system than they do. Intelligent discussions and differing points of view shouldn't include hate-filled drivel.

"Unplugging" (and that includes all social media...because as far as I'm concerned, Facebook, Twitter, Vette Barn, etc. are just different flavors of being online) was one of the things that gave me a great deal of clarity as to what was important in my life and what wasn't. It also helped me to understand the difference between an obsession and a diversion. One is healthy...the other, not so much.

That's just how I see it.

Will definitely come up one of these days and take in a Vikings game and have dinner at a great restaurant. Until then, I'll see you in email.

Oh, God

You're a gun-hating Jew who voted for Obama, aren't you?

Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote