Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0%

Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,237 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

I put about 60k miles on mine over the course of 10 years without runflat tires...Never had a problem

I kept a tire plug kit and a small air compressor in one of the small side compartments in the hatch. I also kept a can of fix-a-flat, but that would have only been used for an "all else failed" situation.
A jack isn't quite as necessary (you don't really need one to plug a tire), but many of the screw type scissors jacks that come included in other cars (that have a spare tire) collapse thin enough to fit under a lowered C5. They are compact, not hard to find (junkyard), and cheap. I also carried a basic tool kit in my car, as I have in all my cars. If you don't, at the very least pack a set of pliers with the plug kit.

If you are looking for cheap tires, I can't help. I'm sure there are some that are fine that will meet your needs, I just have no experience with them. If you want a really great tire, I loved the Michelin Pilot Super Sports I had on mine. But although they are twice the price of some of the bargain brands, they are still cheaper than the OE runflats.

But definitely ditch the runflats, they are truly awful tires.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: