Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman68 View Post
Wow, I haven't heard those call letters since the late 70s.

DJ's name is not familiar but I'm guessing I heard a lot of him growing up going to Holland Beach with the radio on in my folks car.

Scott
I started really listening to LAV-FM in 1978 when I entered the tenth grade. A couple of friends were talking about these bands I had not heard of, such as Van Halen, Journey, etc. that LAV was playing before they became popular on top 40, at least in West Michigan. So, I started listening to LAV's album oriented rock format and liked how it was totally different from top 40. No screaming or yelling from the DJ's, just laid back talking. It definitely wasn't corporate by any means, they played whatever they wanted and what their audience wanted. Aris played stuff all the time from his personal record collection, which may have been as big or bigger than the stations.

Great memories and radio will never be like that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecornerman View Post
I agree, we grew up listening to him, Tony Gates and uncle buck (may he rest in peace) among others
I wore my license plate out, I got that in 1990

That was before they started using the actual call numbers 96.9 LAV but then I couldn't find that one before it was issued to someone in the bay area or I would have that one also
Wow, how did you ever get that plate? Oh, and to me it will always be LAV 97! "The Rocker"
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote