tjfontaine
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $403994

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
No boredom here but maybe my idea of a happy retirement is different
No set time to get up but I am usually up between 7:30 and 8:00
I have the Wall Street Journal delivered so I normally spend a half an hour to an hour reading that and having coffee. Three to four times a week I play golf and then have a late lunch with the guys and then go home. Sometimes on the days I don’t play golf I go fishing and sometimes I stay home and read, waste time on Internet forums etc. Some days I just get in the Vette and go for a drive.
It’s a pretty low key lifestyle but I love it after years of having to deal with getting in the office at 6:30 in the AM and already having a dozen emails to deal with and then 100 plus during the day as well as phone calls etc

Kind of similar for me - retired 7 years now - retired at 57 .... I have a winter home in AZ and summer in MN. I like the snowbird / dual lifestyle. Get up when I want, sip coffee - watch the news, read papers, putz on the net, work on my hobbies, play sports, go out to my pool, go out for rides, visit places, eat at cool new restaurants - nothing too elaborate but all on my own time schedule. Love it.
tjfontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tjfontaine For This Useful Post: