Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Also legal...

I saw a Lt Col spend one week at a FOB, Forward Operating Base, in Afghanistan. FOBs are known to not have much in comfort. You get the basics; a place to sleep, some food which can include MREs, and a hot shower is known as a luxury. He was sent there from Bagram which is a sprawling creature comfort filled base. After our return back to the "World", the good Lt Col filed for retirement and disability which included PTSD for that one week. Further, the word was there were no attacks during his one week. Finally, while at Bagram, we endured one, yes one, attack. There was a single round mortar/rocket fired into the ground between the taxiway and active runway. That means no people were around for at least 100 meters.

Let all that sink in for a minute.
Ya, I know guys with stories like that too. That is what I was alluding to.
A friend/ neighbor who was in Nam just happened to be at the VA for a checkup. He was talking to another guy while a bene manager was there and comparing war stories.Mind you, this guy is almost 70 and right as rain.
Long story short, agent orange was mentioned. Next thing he knew he was in his office filling out some paperwork. He ended up getting $1200 a month extra for life !!!. This guy is a millionaire from his own business ventures but he wasn't about to turn it down. It was explained to him that Obama money was flowing freely and now was the time to get it. He got it and he's still tighter than two coats of paint. One cheap SOB.
All legal too.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post: