Old 11-13-2020, 9:50am   #47605
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 23,975 Times in 9,964 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
crappy week - cousin and his 9 year old son tested positive for covid yesterday, 2 other sons (both under 13) and his wife are getting tested today. Could have been a disaster as he was planning on being here in PA to help clear out parents house and my 79 year old mother is here... could have been a death sentence for her if she was infected, but he cancelled because he wasn't feeling well and had a temperature for last 2 days.

So far 9 year old "nephew" and cousin are doing as well as can be expected, waiting on testing on rest of family.

the aftermath is pretty involved - all 3 kids attend in person grammar schools with desks separated by plexiglass, but all classmates have now been contacted and all have to self quarantine for 14 days including their families. cousin/wife had to call everyone they could think of that they came in contact with in the last 7 days and tell them. all 3 kids are heavily involved in soccer and football and now those team mates and opposing players/families have to be contacted as well.

The moral of the story is that symptoms might not show for 4-7 days after being infected, so it's very difficult to figure out how/when you were infected, so practicing social distancing is still very important.

I hope my nephews and family are ok, they're good people and this year has sucked.

Hopefully they all recover quickly with no long lasting issues.
Dodged a bullet with your mom I'd say.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post: