RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 42.8%

Thanked 7,730 Times in 3,440 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
I appreciate your insightful evaluation, however, we come as a group, not individuals...
IF you are a group, you should pay as a group and eliminate the variable. You are a group... of individuals. If you pay separately, you are not a group. If you pay as a group, it should be pretty damn easy to collect money as you see fit from the start and hand it to them at the end as opposed to everybody putting individual tips out there and then complaining after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
So far, nothing but positive comments from the group.
And are those positive comments are from those that agree with you from the start? You said that you "advised all that they leave at least a $5 tip". Why do you get to make that decision for everybody else? What gives you the power to tell somebody to not show up if they don't like YOUR rules on tipping? I may be missing something but it seems like you have declared yourself the leader and expect everybody else to simply do as they are told, because... well... you said to. Some folks may not take too well to self appointed leaders handing out rules.

If I am paying for myself, I am going to be tipping however much I want to tip, no different than if I was just out with friends in any other situation.

Of course as I read this thread, it reminds me of some of the reasons that I have no desire whatsoever to be part of "groups".
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: