Old 09-14-2010, 8:17am   #7
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

And why are all the info-tainment units running on a proprietary bus? Get with the program and move the whole mess to a USBII system and then let the computers and cars truly come together.

I think Ford and MS will really be ahead of the game if this ever gets sorted out. GB had a better set up in his C5 than most C6s will ever have. The trackball was a thing of beauty.

If the General was smart they would go to a phone manufacturer and a phone company - Verizon and HTC or Samsung, or Apple and AT&T and get a connected device that can wirelessly download from your home system, handle nav, music, video, transcribe-read-send email and texts and do it all in a device that weighs less than 2 lbs and takes up less than a 1/2" deep piece of dashboard. Jeez give me an iPad dash connector and decent looking slot that I can slide it into and then yank out and take with me. I don't need my $1500 system sitting there saying "Steal This Stereo" while I'm inside Hooters having a beer. I'll take it with me and surf the Barn while they bring wings.

Tweak that connection just a bit and let me see it through a full color HUD while we're dreaming.

It's not like this technology is as difficult as putting a man on the moon, but it took GM longer to release the PAL wiring to plug an iPod into a stock C6 than it did NASA to get the Apollo program to Tranquility Base.

BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote