10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,470 Times in 17,253 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Up View Post
There is a backhoe on there that I am interested in. Not sure how it works but seems fairly secure. Anyone ever bought or sold on eBay Motors? What was your experience?
I bought my '04 LeMans edition vert from an Ebay listing, although I had plenty of phone conversations with the owner. I flew in, he met me at the airport, I inspected the car, it was exactly as described, we then drove to a local branch of my bank, the owner watched me get a cashier's check for him, the paperwork was done, we drove to the DMV to get the permit for me to drive it home, then I took the previous owner back to his house. Easy peasy.

I wouldn't recommend paying before actually getting the item. Talk to the owner, and agree that payment will be tendered when it's picked up.

At the time, the car was only a couple of years old, still under warranty, so I was mainly concerned about accident damage, but the car was exactly as described. I bought a round trip ticket just in case the deal had gone South, and just considered the wasted return trip as a cost of the deal.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: