Old 06-12-2019, 1:56am   #9
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 11,553 Times in 5,695 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Well, there is one thing, that is the sheer size of most businesses these daze, like GM or even Mopar/whatever they call themselves today.....and the tough times they have in competition with all the import shit.....and so they with all the other large operations in whatever field of business have to lobby CONNgress, and since about 95% of our citizens consider 180k/year celery to be a LOT, they have a hell of a time trying to justify that.....

BUT in fact the cost of living there is SO extreme, they get themselves supported by every self seeking operation in town, and the joint is FULL of them, look at K st NW......lobby lawyers repping every business we can think of.....and of course then.........

New clowns like AOC there ...who I think is some nut, but the point is that I doubt the kid went there with her hand out demanding payoffs/support, I want to think she WAS an idealist, like her professors were.....

But the reality of cost of living there in a land of 2 megabuck housing sorta makes 180k a mechanic's salary.....

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote