Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,596 Times in 13,594 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRACR1 View Post
Sad news about one of ours today. We have a black Terrier mix named Lil Bit. She is about eleven. We got her as a rescue pup when she was about grown so not sure exactly of her age within a year or so.
Last couple of weeks she began to swell in her belly area. I mean a lot. Last few days she seemed a little bigger each day. I took off work early today and took her to the vet. Tests show her kidneys and liver are functioning well but she is suffering from congestive heart failure. Her valves are weak and allowing fluid to build up.
They drained out a little over a half gallon of fluid. She is still eating and drinking normal and seems to be getting around okay. Doc says she isn't in any pain but the swelling makes her harder to breath and uncomfortable.
We got meds to reduce fluid build up and help her heart work better but it is just a matter of time before she has heart failure. Doc says weeks, maybe a few months. She is a sweet little dog. I plan to do what I can to ensure she has a good quality of life while she can but will not let her suffer.
First pics are from 2013. Last one was tonight. The ottoman in the living room is her "spot".
My best friend's boxer had the exact symptoms and diagnosis. Codi made it about 4 months with minimal signs of an issue. All you can do is spoil her.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post: