View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:20am   #18
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
We gots lots of oil in Alaska, lets get it, less risk than the deep ocean drilling and use more coal, build more nuke plants until the Messiah's dream of alternate power in my grand kids live can be real. Drill baby drill at the same time we as a nation look at the next generation of power sources my cars, house and lots of products I use come from oil. As I type this the electricty I am using is coming from Coal Power and Nuke, it is what we use in San Antonio, best value going, build more of both and again drill baby drill. Oh our city is really getting into solar and wind power, both great sources but a drop in the bucket for what we use. Those new electric cars need juice to run, coal and Nukes are the best of what we now have and for the next 40 or 50 years on the scale of the power our nations uses.

Plug the fuc$ing hole Our leader has no clue on how to run our country no less a business, he only knows how to attack business and try for Govt take over, Nov can not come fast enough as 2012. It seems our president is being compared to Carter at 18 months in office and this is really bad we still have 2 1/2 years left of a sinking ship that only knows how to waste my tax $$ and our countries future
whether you, I or God Almighty Himself likes it or not, oil is a finite resource. you reference Jimmy Carter, that's ironic. he was the very first president to try to start weaning us off foreign oil. Reagan came in & literally had the solar panels on the White House removed & scrapped everything he'd done. T Boone Pickens' ideas make a lot of sense to a lot of people, especially natural gas as a fuel.these are bold & drastic changes & resistance will be strong, but at some point we WILL do something about our dependence on fossil fuel. Obama's speech last night was vague & he's catching hell for it from the Left & Right. he needs to have more information available to us about how we can make this shift. he sounded like he was back on the campaign trail. you may think it was a "waste" of our money to stop arguably what was the greatest depression the world has ever known, but the majority of people don't agree with you. you are anxious for 2012 to get here. who ya'll gonna run?? Palin,the Moose Queen or Romney the Corporate Raider?? why don't you tell us how to "plug the fuc$ing hole"??? didn't you hear the Exxon CEO say that the industry doesn't even have a clue or a plan on how to do it even after the Ixtoc well blowout in 1979? you sound like the Moose Queen.

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 06-16-2010 at 12:31pm.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote