Old 06-08-2010, 8:53am   #10
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
The problem is that everyone wants the benefits of technology but no one is prepared to pay the price if...and more likely WHEN...something goes wrong.

Let 'em cap the damn well as quicly as possible and enough whining. Unless of course you're ready to trade in that shiny new Vette on a horse and buggy.
The real problem is that we as a nation are not doing anything to get off of oil.

The wind solar and other eco stuff is fine but the reality is that we need more nuclear power plants. LOTS more. Build them, get the grid up and running to support it and build electric cars.

I've driven a Tesla. That is the future and I'm happy with the direction we are going. The only think I'll miss is the noise but hell, I'm going def anyway.

We need a Manhattan style project to get us off oil. Its going to run out sooner or later and there are a hell of a lot of other uses for the stuff than putting it in our cars. A real commitment to building alternative energy and nuclear power plants could put millions of Americans to work, stop the flow of trillions of dollars we send over seas, and pull this country out of the recession.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote