Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,621 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Babe View Post
My problem with at home health care is that there are no witnesses. My grandmother had set it up for herself because it sounds like the perfect solution. Fortunately, my she was living with my parents when she needed to use it. My mother was bed-ridden at the time and couldn't take care of my grandmother who had late stage Alzheimer's. They were able to see how she was treated, even with them there! They went through over a dozen caretakers before they found one that was kind and trustworthy. Had she been alone, who knows what would have happened to her.
My mother has a severe respiratory disease and occasionally has significant mental status changes due to poor oxygenation and/or urinary tract infections. There are times when when needs a caregiver but absolutely hates being hovered over, by either her family or hired personnel. Dad is in good enough shape that he can take care of her when he's home as long as no lifting is needed. Gonna be challenging the next time we have a downturn for sure.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote