View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 6:27pm   #1
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471
Default Let's take a trip down Memory Lane...

I was in college at Ole Miss; I woke up in the middle of the night, and the radio was playing this song. It had snowed that night, and I looked out the window to see this beautiful layer of white snow. It had been a hard semester...and my roommate had died after flying into a mountain...but this song somehow made me know everything would be okay:

This song has been around a long time; it's catchy, and sung by three folks with wonderful voices:

This singer was perhaps the cockiest singer around at the time; he said that he'd like to be a legend by the time he was 25. Unfortunately, he died earlier than that:

Dean Martin was, IMO, the coolest man alive. He had a great singing voice, made movies, and had a fabulous career on TV:

Glen Campbell was probably the greatest musician alive at the time. He started his career as a member of "The Wrecking Crew", a California-based sessions group that did back-up Sonny and Cher, Frank Sinatra, The Righteous Brothers. The Beach Boys, The Monkees, etc:

Jerry Reed was an accomplished Country singer, songwriter, composer, and guitarist. He was in more than a dozen movies, including the Smokey and the Bandit movies:

Almost all of these folks are dead, except for two who are 82-years-old.

Please feel free to include your favorite old singers and songs.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post: