10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,455 Times in 17,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
With you, sort of. I still can't equate his facing the house/media/etc. with the folks I know that have faced an armed enemy and still kept their composure. Grab your nuts and STFU sometimes is the right answer, even though it pains you to do so.

He needed to look at the long play and not be so predictively reactive that it undermined the cause.

So, again, how do we improve? I could easily poop on everything that the new administration and legislature does, but that's what the media expects and thrives on. I can also just bunker down and hope for different results in 2022. I do not want to do either, but can easily do so. A system that depends on discord to keep people employed is broke.

OK, done with today's rant. Promise.

Happy 2021...

When you faced an armed enemy, and you were fired upon, I'm guessing even under the Clinton or Obama ROE's, you were allowed to shoot back?

I'll agree that Trump punched down, and sometimes got a little too caught up in giving his opinion on TV talking heads, but I found his general willingness to tell people who were full of shit that they were, in actuality, full of shit, refreshing. Yes, Trump wasn't polished, he was a typical NYC, in your face loudmouth, but at least we knew where he stood on any given issue, he didn't talk out of both sides of his mouth, like, well, like most other politicians.

In terms of actual accomplishment, Trump has been the best president in my lifetime. His biggest Achilles heel was his hiring. He hired a BUNCH of shitty people, and he also hired some great people, like Rex Tillerson and Mattis, who just did not share Trump's policy visions. Part of the blame for the shitty hiring goes to Cocaine Mitch, who ran the Senate much like an opposition party. Trump was never really allowed to pick his own people, which is how we ended up with losers like Chris Wray and Gina Haspel.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: