Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 33,024 Times in 14,164 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

sadly, most tickets are sold on a season ticket basis, so you won't see scads of unsold tickets in the coming weeks. they have already been sold. and the buyers are now faced with a "sunk cost" decision. they have already laid out good money for their tickets. the game will happen whether they go or not. the value of the ticket is the right to sit in that seat during the game. once the game is over, the ticket has zero value. so do you go and incur more expenses (parking, travel, food, memorabilia, etc), or do you stay home, either watch it on TV as an empty seat protest, or stay home and do something else (TV ratings matter). and do you further avoid the various sponsors with pointed letters sent to them?

the NFL is drowning in money, but they have a severe lack of leadership at the top and are running out of character.

i'd wager that more NFL ticket holders voted for Trump than Hillary. you saw the reaction at the Friday rally to Trump's take on this. his voters are in support of his position.

and.... who has explained what these "protests" are about? no one to my mind? so what is the point? just standing with Kapernick? he needs a job.
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote